Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Vary this dessert by using different flavors of ice cream. Do not use low-fat/reduced calorie ice cream because this makes the ice cream to mushy to do the second layer correctly.
- Crush half the cookies (about 20) to make crumbs.
- Combine crumbs with melted margarine and press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan or pie plate.
- Stand remaining cookies around edge of pan.
- Spread 3/4 cup fudge topping over crust.
- Freeze 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, soften 1 quart of ice cream in microwave or on counter top.
- After crust has chilled, spread softened ice cream over fudge layer.
- Freeze 30 minutes.
- Scoop remaining quart of ice cream into balls and arrange over spread ice cream layer.
- Freeze until firm, 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, garnish with remainder of fudge topping, whipped cream and cherries.
- **I put cooking time of 30 minutes--which is actually the freeze time on the first layer of ice cream.
- ***Cook time does not include the additional 4 hours of freeze time or freezing overnight.