Vary this dessert by using different flavors of ice cream. Do not use low-fat/reduced calorie ice cream because this makes the ice cream to mushy to do the second layer correctly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crush half the cookies (about 20) to make crumbs.
- 2Combine crumbs with melted margarine and press into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan or pie plate.
- 3Stand remaining cookies around edge of pan.
- 4Spread 3/4 cup fudge topping over crust.
- 5Freeze 15 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile, soften 1 quart of ice cream in microwave or on counter top.
- 7After crust has chilled, spread softened ice cream over fudge layer.
- 8Freeze 30 minutes.
- 9Scoop remaining quart of ice cream into balls and arrange over spread ice cream layer.
- 10Freeze until firm, 4 hours or overnight.
- 11To serve, garnish with remainder of fudge topping, whipped cream and cherries.
- 12**I put cooking time of 30 minutes--which is actually the freeze time on the first layer of ice cream.
- 13***Cook time does not include the additional 4 hours of freeze time or freezing overnight.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Cake
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.7
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 60.1 mg
- Sodium 368.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 29.2 g
- Protein 7.1 g