Recipe by Tish
This is a great gift for those special occasions. I would think they would be wonderful for the holidays. Cooking time is not included in the times as this is just for the mix but is included in the instructions.
Top Review by AmbyDawn
Though I didn't try the cookies, it was a fast and easy last-minute christmas gift. Thanks! I added in some butterscotch chips for fun. Even people who don't like to cook can make these and that is nice.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix the salt and baking soda in with the flour, then layer the ingredients into the jar.
- Use scissors to cut a 9 inch-diameter circle from your favorite holiday fabric (preferred) or paper.
- Place over lid and secure with rubber band.
- Tie ribbon bow to cover rubber band.
- Enclose a card with mixing and baking directions: Chocolate Chip Cookies: Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sift dry ingredients through a colander to separate the chocolate chips from other ingredients.
- Beat 1 cup of unsalted butter or margarine in a medium bowl.
- Beat sifted ingredients into butter until blended.
- In a small bowl, beat 1 egg with 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Mix beaten egg mixture into butter mixture until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop tsps of batter, spaced well apart, onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 minutes or until lightly browned.