Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great gift for those special occasions. I would think they would be wonderful for the holidays. Cooking time is not included in the times as this is just for the mix but is included in the instructions.
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Mix the salt and baking soda in with the flour, then layer the ingredients into the jar.
- Use scissors to cut a 9 inch-diameter circle from your favorite holiday fabric (preferred) or paper.
- Place over lid and secure with rubber band.
- Tie ribbon bow to cover rubber band.
- Enclose a card with mixing and baking directions: Chocolate Chip Cookies: Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Sift dry ingredients through a colander to separate the chocolate chips from other ingredients.
- Beat 1 cup of unsalted butter or margarine in a medium bowl.
- Beat sifted ingredients into butter until blended.
- In a small bowl, beat 1 egg with 1 tsp of vanilla.
- Mix beaten egg mixture into butter mixture until blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop tsps of batter, spaced well apart, onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
Though I didn't try the cookies, it was a fast and easy last-minute christmas gift. Thanks! I added in some butterscotch chips for fun. Even people who don't like to cook can make these and that is nice.