Prep 2 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Truffles and Cookie dough - a perfect treat! Next adventure is peanut butter chocolate chip cookie dough.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup cream
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 14 ounces chocolate, for coating
- Beat butter and sugars and in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add cream and vanilla.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt and mix on low speed (or by hand) until incorporated.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill dough for 1 hour.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper. When dough is firm enough to handle (it may help to lightly flour your hands), form dough into 1" balls and arrange on the lined baking sheet lined.
- Place sheets in freezer and let chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Melt chocolate candy coating in a double boiler or in microwave according to package directions. Using forks or a dipping tool, dip cookie balls into candy coating to cover. Tap fork on side of pan to remove any excess coating, and return to waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Chill until set. Store, chilled, in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Made these for our monthly parent meeting at one of the schools that I do some voluntary work for on occasion. Made for some great appetizers for lunch, and loved the flavors. What few were left, the kids at home finished them up. Made for Pick A Chef 2012..