Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a version of one of the recipes that came with my ice cream machine. It is important to use purchased raw cookie dough in this or homemade cookie dough that does not contain raw eggs. This makes about 1 quart batter and freezes to 1 1/2 quarts. (Prep time assumes your ice cream maker is ready to go once the batter has chilled). Cook time is approximately how long a typical electric ice cream maker takes to freeze the ice cream and does not include additional freezing time in the "real" freezer. NOTE: Recently, there have been issues with raw purchased cookie dough in the news, please be certain to use an egg free cookie dough in this recipe or purchased dough that specifically mentions safe for eating raw.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup half-and-half or 1 cup milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 ounces pasteurized egg substitute (such as Egg Beaters)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups purchased raw refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough, cut into small chunks (do not use homemade versions if they contain raw egg)
- Beat together egg substitutes, sugar, and vanilla well.
- Add cream and half-n-half (or milk) and beat well.
- Pour into a covered pitcher and set in fridge chill well.
- Pour chilled liquid into an ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
- While the ice cream machine is running, go ahead and chop up the cookie dough chunks- stir them into the ice cream once the ice cream maker has completed the freezing process.
- Ice cream will still be fairly soft at this point- transfer to an airtight freezer container and freeze until firm.
- Plan to eat up quickly as this only keeps fresh a few days.
This was the first recipe that I made from my ice cream maker. We were extremely pleased. Thank You for sharing!
AWESOME! I made this with fat free half and half in place of the heavy cream and skim milk in place of the half and half. The only fat came from the cookie dough, which made it great for the whole family. It was still thick and creamy and soooo tasty. This truly is an awesome recipe and the kids were thrilled (me too)! Thanks for sharing!
Made this for our 4th of July Bar b Q and it was wonderful, so easy to make and not ANY left at the end of the day. Specially loved with the younger crowd, and a lot of us barely got a taste. As a matter of fact it was gone before I could even get a photo. So thick, creamy and not to sweet. We'll be making this awesome and maybe next time I'll be able to get a photo before it's gone. Made again and this time got a photo