It is my firm belief that the title speaks for itself.... (Found this just browsing one night; not certain of prep time)
- Line and 8 or 9 inch square pan with foil, leaving 1 inch overhand on all sides; lightly butter the foil.
- Combine the butter and sugar in a small bowl; stir in the flour and 1/4 teaspoons of the salt.
- Stir in 1/3 cup of the chocolate chips.
- Form the dough into a ball; place on a piece of plastic wrap and flatten into a disc.
- Wrap dough and freeze for 10 minutes, or until firm.
- Unwrap dough; cut into 1/2 inch pieces; keep refrigerated.
- Place the powdered sugar, cream cheese, vanilla, and remaining salt (1/4 tsp) in a large bowl; beat with an electric mixer on low speed until combined.
- Scrape down sides of bowl; beat on medium speed until smooth.
- Melt the remaining (1 cup) chocolate chips in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Add the melted chocolate to the cream cheese mixture; beat just until blended.
- Stir in the chilled cookie dough bits.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan; refrigerate until firm.
- Remove from pan by lifting foil overhang handles; cut fudge into squares using a very sharp knife.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.