Recipe by hollygollygee
I love this dip and need the nutritionals spelled out for me...so into food.com it goes. I did change a couple little things from the original, but it tastes the same.
- 1 1⁄2 cups garbanzo beans, cooked (1 can rinsed and drained)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, scant
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda (rounded)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄8 cup cashews
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons oats
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon xylitol sugar substitute (aka birch sugar, Ultimate Sweetener brand)
- 1⁄3 cup chocolate chips, dark
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend everything except the chocolate chips until smooth in a food processor.
- Stir in chocolate chips at the end.
- Serve with apple slices or graham crackers -- or eat by the spoonful.
- My kids like this rolled into balls and served as breakfast bons bons.
- I calculated for 1/4 cup servings.