Recipe by Marg (CaymanDesigns)
I'm not sure if it taste like chocolate chip cookie dough exactly because of the cream cheese, but it is very good. You can serve this dip with graham crackers, vanilla wafer cookies or pretzels. I love it for when I need a sweet dessert but don't have the time to bake cookies. Cook time is cooling time for the butter mixture.
Top Review by Shelby Jo
Wow, this was so fantastic. I made it without the nuts for personal preference. I doubled the batch and am very glad I did :) I served it with graham cracker sticks, animal crackers, and pretzels. I personally liked it with the pretzels best -- loved the sweet/salty combo. I'll definitely be making this again. Thanks so much for posting!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter with the brown sugar over medium heat. Stir continuously, until the brown sugar dissolves. (You can also do this in the microwave but watch it closely. The butter/sugar mixture will boil over fast. Stir every 30 seconds or so.)
- Remove from heat, whisk in the vanilla and set aside to cool.
- Beat the cream cheese and confectioner's sugar for 1 minute.
- Slowly beat in the cooled butter mixture and beat again for another minute.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts, if using.
- Pour into a serving bowl and refrigerate.
- Garnish with additional chocolate chips or nuts, if you choose.