Prep 25 mins
Cook 22 mins
From the Cake Mix Dr. Something I'd love to try! The recipe's headnote states that these are "best eaten slightly warm, with the centers still gooey." I'll bet on that!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (1 lb) packagefrozen refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- frosting, of choice for decorating
- Heat oven to 350*F. Grease 24 muffin pan molds or line with paper liners.
- Combine the cake mix, pudding mix, milk, oil, eggs, and vanilla in a large bowl; blend with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds. Scrape down sides of bowl.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and blend another 2 minutes, scraping down bowl as needed.
- Scoop a heaping 1/4 cup batter into each cupcake well, filling at least 2/3 full. (you should get between 22 and 24 cupcakes; remove any empty paper liners).
- Cut the frozen cookie dough pieces in half to make 24 pieces (or enough for how many cupcakes you wind up with); place a dough chunk on top of each cupcake.
- Bake until cakes are golden and spring back when lightly touched, 23-37 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks for 5 minutes, then carefully remove cupcakes from pans and cool another 15 minutes before frosting (they may sink a bit in the center). Serve warm.
- Store cupcakes in a cake server at room temperature for up to 3 days or up to 1 week in the refrigerator. Bring to room temperature and then microwave for about 8 seconds to "re-goo" the texture.
I have this cupcake book by the Cake Mix doctore and these were one of the first cupcakes I made and they were YUMMY! My family loved them warm as well as at room temp the next day. I froze half the batch and they kept very well. They tend to be a little fragile so handle with care when removing them from the muffin tins.
I made these for a party and they were a BIG HIT! I used David's Cookies frozen cookies and followed the recipe exactly. Next time I may put some batter in the bottom add the frozen cookie and top it with the remaining batter. Thanks for a very EASY and tasty recipe. I'm sure I be making these ALOT!