Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Originally from Sunset Magazine, this recipe is for anyone who loves Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough straight out of the batter bowl or in ice cream! A small piece goes a long way! It's well worth the work!
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely crushed chocolate wafer cookies
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, diced
- 2 cups sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix the chocolate wafer cookie crumbs with 2 tablespoons of the white sugar, and the melted butter. Press firmly into the bottom and 1/2 inch up the sides of one 9 inch springform pan. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 8 minutes.
- To Make Cookie Dough: In a bowl beat 1/4 cup butter or margarine with the brown sugar and 1/4 cup of the white sugar. Stir in the water and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla. Beat in the flour and the semisweet chocolate chips. Stir until combined.
- To Make Cheesecake: In a food processor or with a mixer beat 1 cup of the white sugar, and all the cream cheese. Add 1 cup of the sour cream, the eggs, and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla. Mix well and pour into prepared crust.
- Drop cookie dough in 2 tablespoon portions evenly over the top of the cake, pushing dough beneath the surface. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for about 40 minutes. Cake will jiggle slightly in center. Spread topping over hot cake. Let cake cool than chill in a refrigerator until cold, at least 4 hours.
- To Make Topping: Mix the remaining 1 cup sour cream, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and the 2 teaspoons white sugar until smooth. Spread over hot cake.