Prep 10 mins
Cook 23 mins
Adapted from 125 Best Cupcakes Recipe book. They taste and have the consistency of cookies! The dough is quite thick when you put it in the muffin pan!
- In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together brown sugar and butter until well combined. Add vanilla, beating well.
- Add egg, beating well.
- Add flour mixture and beat until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven of 350F 18 to 23 minutes or until cupcakes are puffed and golden.
- Let cool in pan on rack for 15 minutes or until cooled completely (so they don't crumble when removed).
- Remove from pan.
I baked them for a party and everyone loved them. I reduced the sugar to 3/4 cup as suggested. The dough is thick, I had to use two spoons but it was worth it.
Very good! I did some substitutions...substituted 1/2 cup whole wheat flour for some of the all-purp and did 1/2 cup brown sugar, 1/2 cup Splenda. It made them not as sweet as some of the reviews were saying. They came out looking so cute!
I followed the recipe other then I used Splenda brown sugar blend instead of brown sugar so only used 1/2 cup. These were good but a bit dry. After they cooled they got a bit hard too but tasted good.