Recipe by Terry Davis
We were trying to create a healthier chocolate chip cookie and ended up creating a cup cake, you can use just a little, about 2 teaspoons, in a cup cake pan and still have cookie size cakes.
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In blender combine oil, honey, brown sugar and vanilla; blend until smooth.
- Add eggs and blend again.
- Pour mixture into large bowl.
- Add salt, baking soda and flour 1/2 cup at a time and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips until mixed.
- Add spoonfuls to cupcake pan (1 tablespoon will get you about a 1/2-inch thick cake so if you want a thinner one, use less--if you want a thicker one, use more).
- Bake for 10 minutes (we used 1 tablespoon and it was perfect at 10 minutes, you will need to adjust this time if you used more or less mix than 1 tablespoon).
- Let cool in pan and remove.