Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
My family has shortened the name of this dessert down to "The Kick Ass Dessert" because it is so easy and tastes delicious! Plus, there's quite a bit of it, so there are always leftovers!
- 2 (350 g) packagesstore bought chocolate chip cookies
- 2 (8 ounce) containers Cool Whip or 2 (8 ounce) containers Cool Whip Lite
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto (or your favourite liquour)
- Combine milk and Amaretto in a shallow bowl.
- Dip cookies into the milk/Amaretto mixture, and place a single layer of cookies in the bottom of a deep dessert dish.
- Once cookies cover the bottom of the dish, spoon out a layer of Cool Whip over the cookies so that it covers the cookies completely. Layer should be about an inch thick.
- Repeate layers, placing cookies so that it covers up the Cool Whip, then Cool Whip to cover up the cookies.
- End the layering with a layer of Cool Whip.
- Crumble remaining cookies over the top of your dessert as garnish.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Serve cold.
I have had this before as a kid's dessert (without the Amaretto), with the ingredients layered in a graham cracker pie crust. Children would have a lot of fun making this dessert (and eating it too).
I made this for the office Christmas Party. The only change I made was adding some mini chocolate chips to the top. This went over so well and everyone was asking for the recipe - It was the first thing gone. It does have a weird texture - gets pretty mushy - but that doesn't detract from its deliciousness!
This is a great dessert for kids... just leave out the Amaretto. We fixed this for kids at camp and will use it again!