Recipe by HoserLauren
My family has shortened the name of this dessert down to "The Kick Ass Dessert" because it is so easy and tastes delicious! Plus, there's quite a bit of it, so there are always leftovers!
Top Review by Andtototoo!
I have had this before as a kid's dessert (without the Amaretto), with the ingredients layered in a graham cracker pie crust. Children would have a lot of fun making this dessert (and eating it too).
- 2 (350 g) packagesstore bought chocolate chip cookies
- 2 (8 ounce) containers Cool Whip or 2 (8 ounce) containers Cool Whip Lite
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup Amaretto (or your favourite liquour)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine milk and Amaretto in a shallow bowl.
- Dip cookies into the milk/Amaretto mixture, and place a single layer of cookies in the bottom of a deep dessert dish.
- Once cookies cover the bottom of the dish, spoon out a layer of Cool Whip over the cookies so that it covers the cookies completely. Layer should be about an inch thick.
- Repeate layers, placing cookies so that it covers up the Cool Whip, then Cool Whip to cover up the cookies.
- End the layering with a layer of Cool Whip.
- Crumble remaining cookies over the top of your dessert as garnish.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Serve cold.