Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
My family has shortened the name of this dessert down to "The Kick Ass Dessert" because it is so easy and tastes delicious! Plus, there's quite a bit of it, so there are always leftovers!
- Combine milk and Amaretto in a shallow bowl.
- Dip cookies into the milk/Amaretto mixture, and place a single layer of cookies in the bottom of a deep dessert dish.
- Once cookies cover the bottom of the dish, spoon out a layer of Cool Whip over the cookies so that it covers the cookies completely. Layer should be about an inch thick.
- Repeate layers, placing cookies so that it covers up the Cool Whip, then Cool Whip to cover up the cookies.
- End the layering with a layer of Cool Whip.
- Crumble remaining cookies over the top of your dessert as garnish.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Serve cold.
I made this for the office Christmas Party. The only change I made was adding some mini chocolate chips to the top. This went over so well and everyone was asking for the recipe - It was the first thing gone. It does have a weird texture - gets pretty mushy - but that doesn't detract from its deliciousness!
This is a great dessert for kids... just leave out the Amaretto. We fixed this for kids at camp and will use it again!
Sorry, I gave it a try, but it just didn't go over well. I wanted to give it a try because it sounded kind of cool. I made it for a small get together and it was barely touched. I will try it again to see if maybe something went wrong. but I was surprised because you said it was kick-ass. Will try again on a different group.