Recipe by greeneggs
This is a very rich dessert, it could easily serve 18 people. An old friend of mine used to make this for special occasions, I think she found it in Mr. Food magazine years ago. I like that you don't have to fuss with a springform pan or crushing cookies for the crust. Make sure you use the rolls of cookie dough and not the break and bake variety. The instructions say to refrigerate for 4 hrs before serving but we have eaten it after only cooling it for an hour on the counter and that is a whole new treat in itself.
Top Review by Pomtini
This is RICH. I agree that the the cookie slices on top aren't necessary - just eat the extra dough raw! : ) I brought this to a superbowl party and had to promise to email the recipe to five people. Very tasty - THANKS!
- 3 (16 1/2 ounce) packages refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9x13 nonstick cake pan. Glass works best.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese, eggs, sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer. Set aside.
- Using 1 1/2 to 2 packages of the cookie dough, cut dough into slices and arrange in a single layer in the baking pan. Press the dough into the bottom of the pan to make the crust of the cheesecake. Make sure there are no holes.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture evenly over the bottom crust.
- Cut the remaining cookie dough into slices.
- Arrange cookie slices ontop of the cream cheese mixture, spacing them evenly like you would when baking cookies on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-50min. The center will not be completly set.
- Refrigerate at least 4hrs before serving.