Recipe by *Z*
This recipe is from a Cooking For Kids cookbook. It is my DD#2's favorite cookbook. I like that it uses a boxed cake mix so it is easy for her to help with. Servings will depend on how thick you slice them. I didn't shake my chocolate chips with flour to coat them so they all sank to the bottom. You might want to flour coat the chips to keep them from sinking.
- 517.37 g package yellow cake mix
- 99.22 g package instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 236.59 ml water
- 78.07 ml canola oil (you can use veg oil if you want)
- 340.19 g package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 354.88 ml finely chopped pecans, if desired
- confectioners' sugar, for garnish if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 10-inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil.
- Beat 1 minute on low to combine and then 2 more minutes on med.
- Coat chocolate chips with flour, if desired, to keep them from sinking.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecans (if using).
- Pour into prepped pan.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 25 minutes.
- Invert onto serving plate and cool completely.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar, if desired.