Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This recipe is from a Cooking For Kids cookbook. It is my DD#2's favorite cookbook. I like that it uses a boxed cake mix so it is easy for her to help with. Servings will depend on how thick you slice them. I didn't shake my chocolate chips with flour to coat them so they all sank to the bottom. You might want to flour coat the chips to keep them from sinking.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil (you can use veg oil if you want)
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely chopped pecans, if desired
- confectioners' sugar, for garnish if desired
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Grease and flour 10-inch Bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, water and oil.
- Beat 1 minute on low to combine and then 2 more minutes on med.
- Coat chocolate chips with flour, if desired, to keep them from sinking.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecans (if using).
- Pour into prepped pan.
- Bake 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 25 minutes.
- Invert onto serving plate and cool completely.
- Dust with confectioner's sugar, if desired.