Recipe by April J.
This is one of my very favorite cake recipes. It is so soft and fluffy. I like making it for birthdays and decorating it with chocoate icing.
Top Review by joychef
SilFerWolf, I think that you will find that the bitterness problem will be solved by using the baking soda instead of baking powder. It does make a difference in how your baked goods turn out.
- 236.59 ml butter
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 158.51 ml brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml flour, plus
- 59.16 ml flour
- 4.92 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cream of tartar
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 473.18 ml semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat butter and sugars together.
- Add eggs and vanilla.
- Mix flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar.
- Add dry ingredients to the batter and mix until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread dough into a 15 1/2 inch round pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.