Recipe by Karen From Colorado
A fun cake with a giant chewy cookie on the bottom. Play with the flavors for different cakes. Maybe a peanut butter cookie with a chocolate cake frosted with milk chocolate, or a sugar cookie with a lemon or cherry cake with a fruity or vanilla frosting. The possibilities are endless.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs, divided
- 1 (17 1/2 ounce) package chocolate chip cookie mix
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, softened
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350° (177 Celsius) for shiny metal or glass pan or 325 (163 Celsius) for dark or non-stick pan.
- Generously grease bottom only of rectangular pan, 13 x 9 x 2 inch, with shortening or cooking spray.
- Prepare cake mix according to package instructions (Betty Crocker uses the water, oil and 3 eggs); pour into prepared cake pan
- Make cookie mix as directed on package (using the softened butter and 1 egg).
- Drop dough by teaspoonfuls evenly over batter in pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Spread frosting over top of cake.
- Store loosely covered at room temperature.