Recipe by sheepdoc
This recipe is from the back of a Chips Ahoy package. Need to use the basic store-bought crisp chocolate chip cookies to get the crust to come out right.
- 25 chocolate chip cookies
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted, divided
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Break 5 cookies in half and set aside.
- Place rest of cookies in gallon zip-lock bag and roll into crumbs.
- Mix cookie crumbs with 1/4 cup melted butter and press into bottom and sides of a 9" pie plate.
- Mix 1/4 cup melted butter, corn syrup, eggs, cocoa, sugar and vanilla and pour into crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees 15 minutes.
- Insert cookie halves around the outside of the brownie, against the edge of the pie plate, to form a border.
- Bake 10-15 minutes more.
- Cool slightly, Cover with Cool Whip.