Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Great for potlucks, you may double the complete recipe and bake in two pans these freeze very well, in place of the nuts dried cranberries or raisins may be used or any dried fruit desired, this is a fairly sweet bar so you might want to reduce the sugars slightly if desired --- servings is only esimated depending on the size of the bars --- for greasing pan see Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon maple extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- Grease a 13 x 9-inch pan (for thinner bars bake in a larger pan and reduce the baking time slightly).
- In a large mixing bowl cream butter with both sugars until fluffy.
- Add in eggs and vanilla; beat until well combined.
- In another bowl mix together flour with cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture until combined.
- Mix in chocolate chips and nuts (batter will be very thick).
- Transfer the mixture to prepared baking pan then spread out using a spoon.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Oh, Kittencal how you have made my life so much better...and this recipe is no exception to all of the others of yours that I have tried! Thank you SO MUCH for sharing this fantastic recipe. These were so moist!! It was hard for me not to eat the entire pan!! Nothing needs to be changed with this. If it ain't broke...don't fix it!!! ;-)
Very good and very rich!! Skipped the nuts and did extra chocolate chips instead. baked for 25 minutes.
I did a double batch for my now 12 year old son's birthday this week. I added 1/2 cup cocoa to the dough to make them a chocolate chocolate chip cookie bar. I also used 2 cups semisweet and 2 cups white chocolate chips in the double batch. Worked great!