1/3 Photos of Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Great for potlucks, you may double the complete recipe and bake in two pans these freeze very well, in place of the nuts dried cranberries or raisins may be used or any dried fruit desired, this is a fairly sweet bar so you might want to reduce the sugars slightly if desired --- servings is only esimated depending on the size of the bars --- for greasing pan see Pan Release, Professional Pan Coating (Better Than Pam Spray!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon maple extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or 1/2 cup pecans
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- 3Grease a 13 x 9-inch pan (for thinner bars bake in a larger pan and reduce the baking time slightly).
- 4In a large mixing bowl cream butter with both sugars until fluffy.
- 5Add in eggs and vanilla; beat until well combined.
- 6In another bowl mix together flour with cinnamon, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture until combined.
- 7Mix in chocolate chips and nuts (batter will be very thick).
- 8Transfer the mixture to prepared baking pan then spread out using a spoon.
- 9Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Serving Size: 1 (50 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 25
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 224.1
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 34.4 mg
- Sodium 194.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g