Recipe by litldarlin
I made these for last years Family reunion. The first time I made them was hysterical. I didn't look at the size of the tin foil pan I was suppose to use. I used a smaller pan instead. I ended up using a large butcher knife to try & cut them out of the pan. My son came into the kitchen to see why I was laughing so hard. I picked up the butcher knife & the whole pan came with it. I then checked the recipe to make sure I had followed directions. "I didn't of course". So I redid them and they turned out very tasty & they were a big hit at the reunion.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 1⁄2 ounces flaked coconut (optional)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Melt butter in a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking pan.
- Sprinkle crumbs evenly over melted butter; pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumbs.
- Top evenly with remaining ingredients; press down firmly.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool chocolate bars before cutting.