Recipe by Kaarin
These came from a church cookbook. I added the wheat germ-it's completely imperceptible! This is another gooey chocolatey dessert my husband loves!
- 1 cup shortening
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons raw wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs, water and vanilla, beating until light and fluffy.
- Mix in dry ingredients, adding chocolate chips last.
- Spread into a greased jelly roll pan and bake at 350 for approximately 20 minutes or a 9x13 pan and bake for 30-35 minutes. Do not overcook-the middle should be gooey.
- Best served warm, with ice cream!