Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
This recipe was published in the Taste of Home Contest Winning Annual Recipes 2009. Submitted by Laura Hertel from Colombia, Missouri, this cake can be enjoyed as a breakfast or snack. The topping consists of a combination of chocolate and nuts. Relatively easy and quick to make Yummy!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking cocoa
- 1⁄4 cup cold butter
- 1⁄2 cup pecans
- 1⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Grease a 8 cup fluted tube pan. (I use a regular bundt pan).
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs. Add sour cream and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture just until combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and pour into prepared pan.
- For the topping: Combine the flour, sugar, and cocoa; cut into the butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in the pecans and chocolate chips. Sprinkle into batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 55-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean when inserted in center. Cool in pan for 20 minutes (make sure you do this or the cake will come out in pieces) Then trransfer to a wire rack until completely cooled.