Recipe by Mom2Rose
Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 12 servings.
Top Review by Lalaloula
I made this easy to prepare cake for a friend of mine for her bday. It came together quickly and baked up perfectly in the time given. The cake really rose a lot making it perfect for a bundt shape, Id say.
Everyone at the party loved the moist texture and the hint of cinnamon with the chocolate. I made two small cakes from half the recipe and 1 hour after cutting the first it was gone. :)
THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing a keeper with us, Mom2Rose!
Made and reviewed for Aussie/Nz Recipe Swap #54 July 2011.
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and then chocolate chips - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- CHOCOLATE CHIP COFFEE CAKE GIFT TAG:
- Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 2 eggs, 1 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup butter, softened and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- CHOCOLATE CHIP COFFEE CAKE INSTRUCTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the eggs, sour cream, butter and extract in a large bowl and blend with an electric mixer set on low speed.
- Add the contents of the jar and continue to blend for 2 minutes.
- Pour the batter into a generously greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove the cake and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.