1/2 Photos of Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake (Gift Mix in a Jar)
Gift jar directions at bottom of the recipe - add onto a recipe card and attach to the gift! Or skip the gift making and indulge yourself with this treat!! NOTE: This recipe is to be prepared one QUART size wide mouth canning jar and will yield 12 servings.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (to be added by the recipient)
- 1Creating the Gift in a Jar:
- 2Wash and thoroughly dry a 1-quart wide-mouth canning jar.
- 3Layer the ingredients in the jar as listed above starting with the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and then chocolate chips - make sure to press firmly with a flat bottomed object after each addition; make the layers as level as possible.
- 4Secure the lid and decorate as desired; attach the instructions for making these cookies found below.
- 5CHOCOLATE CHIP COFFEE CAKE GIFT TAG:
- 6Additional ingredients to be added by the recipient: 2 eggs, 1 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup butter, softened and 1 tsp vanilla extract.
- 7CHOCOLATE CHIP COFFEE CAKE INSTRUCTIONS:
- 8Preheat oven to 350.
- 9Place the eggs, sour cream, butter and extract in a large bowl and blend with an electric mixer set on low speed.
- 10Add the contents of the jar and continue to blend for 2 minutes.
- 11Pour the batter into a generously greased 9 x 13 inch pan.
- 12Bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- 13Cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then remove the cake and cool completely on a wire rack.
- 14Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake (Gift Mix in a Jar)
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 345.0
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 61.3 mg
- Sodium 247.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 25.0 g
- Protein 4.8 g