Recipe by the_cookie_lady
From "Cake Mix Magic." This is a super moist white cake base with chocolate chips all throughout. There is a cereal/ brown sugar/ cinnamon topping included. For a change, use nuts in the topping instead of cereal. Also, a drizzle of melted chocolate can be used with or without the topping after the cake has cooled. For easy cutting, line the pan with foil that is long enough to hang over the edges of the pan. After the cake has cooled, lift it out of the pan using the overhang as handles. Remove foil and cut accordingly.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄3 cups sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup Grape-nuts cereal
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350* and grease a 9 x 13-inch pan (or line with foil).
- In a large mixer bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, and oil. Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes or until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Combine topping ingredients. Sprinkle evenly over batter. Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.