Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe came from a fellow teacher. It is incredibly yummy. There are other recipes for this type of cake posted; but none matches this one, and I would never risk trying any other!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate, shaved
- 1⁄2 cup miniature chocolate chip
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat sugar with 1/2 c butter until fluffy.
- Add 2 cups flours and next 5 ingredients. Beat at low speed.
- With a spoon stir in chocolate shavings.
- Spread evenly in pan.
- For topping: Mix first four ingredients.
- Blend in butter with a fork until crumbly. Stir in pecans and chocolate chips. Crumble mixture over batter.
- Bake 60-65 minutes, until cake pulls away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.