I got this recipe out of a magazine at work. I liked the sounds of it because it uses a pound cake mix. I haven't made this yet. The streusel topping recipe is in the body of the cake recipe
- For Cake:.
- Stir together chocolate chips and 1 Tbsp pound cake mix.
- Set aside.
- Beat sour cream, eggs, milk and remaining pound cake mix at low speed 30 seconds or until blended.
- Increase speed to medium and beat 3 minutes more.
- Spoon half of the batter into a lightly greased 13x9 inch pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chip mixture evenly over batter.
- Spread remaining batter on top.
- Sprinkle Streusel topping evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in cake comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- Streusel Topping:.
- 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- 2 Tbsp flour.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cinnamon.
- 1 cup pecans, chopped.
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted.
- Combine brown sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Stir in pecans and butter until mixture is crumbly.
This is a nice moist cake recipe. I'm not sure if I like the topping as it had a bit too much butter so I had to add more flour and it just did not seem to set up like a good crumb topping. But (there is always one of those...) this is still a very tasty recipe. I think next time I'm just going to make it a chocolate chip pound cake and forget the topping! Thanks for posting. Tagged in Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup game, May 2008