Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my family's very favorite cake! We serve it warm with a little vanilla ice cream on top.
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 3⁄4 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 (12 ounce) bag chocolate chips
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 4 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 4 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a tube or bundt pan.
- Mix white sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Set aside.
- Cream butter, sugar, eggs, sour cream, and vanilla together until well mixed (about 2 min).
- Add flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Beat until well mixed (about 2 min.) Put a small amount of topping and a few chocolate chips in tube pan.
- Add about 1/3 of batter to make first layer.
- Sprinkle liberally with topping and add 1/3 of chocolate chips.
- Continue layering, ending with batter.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.