Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
Chocolate chips add sweets bursts of flavor to this rich and tender coffee cake!
- 236.59 ml butter or 236.59 ml margarine, softened
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, softened
- 354.88 ml sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- 170.09 g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 59.14 ml chopped pecans
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 59.14 ml milk
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and 1 1/4 cups of sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine the pecans, cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Cool completely before cutting.
I didn't have a springform pan, so I ended up making coffee cake muffins with this recipe and so far everyone who's tried them has loved them! It's simple to make and tastes fantastic. I also use a few (okay, probably a lot) more chocolate chips than called for.
fantastic! Thank you! Like any cook I tweeked a few things to make it my own! I didn't have enough cream cheese so I supplemented with sour cream. I also added 8 oz of chocolate chips. Lastely I wanted a chocolate chocolate chip coffee cake so I added 4 Tbs. of cocoa. Using the springform pan was the way to go. I loved the moist cake with melt in your mouth chocolate. It made a great morning birthday cake for my mom who LOVES chocolate!
This is a nice, moist coffee cake. I think I might use a few more chocolate chips, or use mini chips to spread the flavor out a bit. I didn't add the pecans this time, but I think they would have been nice. I think next time I might even make it a streusel topping. thanks for posting!