Recipe by Lauren Clark
Chocolate chips add sweets bursts of flavor to this rich and tender coffee cake!
Top Review by slightlysmall
I didn't have a springform pan, so I ended up making coffee cake muffins with this recipe and so far everyone who's tried them has loved them! It's simple to make and tastes fantastic. I also use a few (okay, probably a lot) more chocolate chips than called for.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and 1 1/4 cups of sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine the pecans, cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Cool completely before cutting.