Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Chocolate chips add sweets bursts of flavor to this rich and tender coffee cake!
Make and share this Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and 1 1/4 cups of sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into a greased 9-inch springform pan.
- Combine the pecans, cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen.
- Remove sides of pan.
- Cool completely before cutting.