Recipe by Diane Brooks
Make with or without coconut. These are excellent. I had these at a party the other night then found in Pillsbury Recipes with Crescents, Biscuits, and more. They are to excellent.
Top Review by Loves2CookNBake
These were good. I made them without the coconut. I found after they set out for abit, they got really squishy and weren't as good as they were when they were cold. Easy recipe to do though.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup coconut (optional)
- 1 (18 ounce) package refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar, and egg until smooth.
- If using coconut stir inches.
- Remove half of the dough from wrapper.
- Press half of the dough into bottom of an ungreased 9 or 8 inch square pan.
- Spread cream cheese mixture over dough.
- Crumble and sprinkle remaining half of cookie dough over cream cheese mixture.
- Bake at 350°F for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour until chilled.
- Cut into bars and serve chilled.