This recipe is a staple in our house, since my kids would hate me if I ever stopped making it! I make at least once a week to keep them happy! It goes great with scrambled eggs or just by themselves. Sometimes I will double the chocolate chips and use 1/2 cup instead of 1/4 and it makes it a little more gooey.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- 2In a separate bowl mix sour cream, melted butter, extract and egg until smooth.
- 3Mix into dry ingredients.
- 4Fold in chocolate chips and coconut.
- 5Grease a muffin pan and sprinkle with flour to keep muffins from sticking. Tap out excess flour and fill muffin pan 2/3s of the way full will muffin batter.
- 6Sprinkle with almonds and bake at 375°F for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- 7Serve while still warm and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip, Coconut Almond Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (113 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 429.5
- Calories from Fat 211
- Total Fat 23.4 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 76.8 mg
- Sodium 324.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 29.1 g
- Protein 6.2 g