Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is a staple in our house, since my kids would hate me if I ever stopped making it! I make at least once a week to keep them happy! It goes great with scrambled eggs or just by themselves. Sometimes I will double the chocolate chips and use 1/2 cup instead of 1/4 and it makes it a little more gooey.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix sour cream, melted butter, extract and egg until smooth.
- Mix into dry ingredients.
- Fold in chocolate chips and coconut.
- Grease a muffin pan and sprinkle with flour to keep muffins from sticking. Tap out excess flour and fill muffin pan 2/3s of the way full will muffin batter.
- Sprinkle with almonds and bake at 375°F for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Serve while still warm and enjoy!