Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sweet, chewy, a little crisp and packed with flavor. These are sweetened with brown rice syrup, do not include any sugar, and are gluten-free. These make an awesome snack, and are a perfect substitution for breakfast or lunch if you’re running late or on the go.
- 1 cup dates (pitted)
- 1 1⁄4 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup brown rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Spray an 8 x 8-inch pan with non-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Place the dates in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Combine the pureed dates with the rice cereal, oats, peanuts, flaxseed, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
- Combine the peanut butter and brown rice syrup in a small saucepan over medium heat, stirring until melted and completely blended.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the oat mixture and stir until well combined.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips.
- Turn the mixture into the prepared pan and press firmly to pack the mixture into the pan.
- Let the mixture sit until completely cool and set, at least 1 hour.
- Cut into bars and wrap individually in plastic wrap.
- Store in the refrigerator.
These are great. I have used honey instead of the brown rice syrup. I keep them freezer and they are a great snack!