1/1 Photo of Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls
Saving for safe keeping. One I want to try soon.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, divided
- 1/4 cup warm milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a bowl, combine the flour, 1 tablespoon sugar and salt. Cut in 2 tablespoons of the butter until crumbly. Add the milk, egg yolk and yeast mixture; stir well. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- 2Turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Roll out into a 10-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Melt remaining butter; brush butter to within 1/2 inches of edges. Combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and remaining sugar. Sprinkle over dough, then sprinkle with chocolate chips. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side; pinch seam to seal. CUt into 1-in. slices; place cut side down in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1-1/2 hours.
- 3Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. In a bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, vanilla and enough milk to achieve drizzling consistency; drizzle over warm rolls. Serve warm.
- 4NOTE: Rolls may be frozen for up to 2 months. Reheat in the microwave before serving if desired.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Chocolate Chip Cinnamon Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (74 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 266.6
- Calories from Fat 98
- Total Fat 10.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 50.6 mg
- Sodium 154.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 20.4 g
- Protein 3.8 g