Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Need an easy special treat? This quick version of a classic "bubble" coffee cake uses ready-to-bake cinnamon rolls, and the chocolate chips make it irresistible!
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 2 (12 1/2 ounce) canspillsbury refrigerated cinnamon roll dough, with icing
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla pudding mix (not instant)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Using 1 tablespoon of the butter, generously butter 12-cup fluted tube cake pan.
- Place remaining butter in small microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on HIGH for 1 minute or until melted when stirred.
- Separate dough into 16 rolls.
- Cut each roll in half crosswise.
- Place half of roll pieces in buttered pan.
- Sprinkle with half of the pudding mix and half of the brown sugar.
- Drizzle with half of the melted butter.
- Repeat layering with remaining roll pieces, pudding mix, brown sugar and melted butter.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 375°F for 24 to 28 minutes or until rolls are deep golden brown and dough appears done when slightly pulled apart.
- Cool in pan 2 minutes.
- Invert onto serving platter.
- Cool 15 minutes.
- Microwave icing on HIGH for 10 seconds to soften.
- Drizzle icing over ring.
- Cut into wedges to serve.