Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delicious twist to Chex Party Mix
- 3 cups Corn Chex, oven toasted
- 3 cups Rice Chex, oven toasted
- 3 cups Wheat Chex, oven toasted
- 4 cups small pretzels
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry roasted peanuts
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups chocolate chips, I prefer dark
- Combine cereals, pretzels and nuts in a large bowl and either distribute between two 13x9 pans or you can use a large roaster pan.
- Combine brown sugar, butter and corn syrup in saucepan.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly over medium heat.
- Boil for five minutes without stirring.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and baking soda.
- Pour evenly over cereal mixture, stir until coated.
- Bake @ 250° stirring every 15 minutes for 45 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan stirring frequently.
- After completely cool stir in chocolate chips & enjoy.