Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
The cherries are nice tangy contrast to the sweetness in my favorate chocolate chip cookies.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream butter, sugars and shortning.
- Blend in the egg and vanilla.
- Add in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Fold in the chocolate and cherries.
- Place rounded 2 inch balls of on a cookie sheet. Allow room for them to spread. Bake 8-10 minutes until lighty browned.
Good cookies!! I put the dough in the fridge for about a hour before baking to firm it up; however they still spread and flattened out. Were nice and chewy and the little bit of sour from the cherries was a nice contrast to the sweet chips and cookie dough. Made for 2012 Spring PAC.
Lovely and slightly chewy cookies. Ideal as a luchbox treat. Wasn't sure what shortening was until I looked it up! I have the recipe as I didn't want to make too many but I got around 16 cookies. Made as part of PAC Spring 2009. Thanks.