Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
The cherries are nice tangy contrast to the sweetness in my favorate chocolate chip cookies.
Make and share this Chocolate Chip Cherry Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup dried cherries
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Cream butter, sugars and shortning.
- Blend in the egg and vanilla.
- Add in flour, baking soda and salt.
- Fold in the chocolate and cherries.
- Place rounded 2 inch balls of on a cookie sheet. Allow room for them to spread. Bake 8-10 minutes until lighty browned.
Good cookies!! I put the dough in the fridge for about a hour before baking to firm it up; however they still spread and flattened out. Were nice and chewy and the little bit of sour from the cherries was a nice contrast to the sweet chips and cookie dough. Made for 2012 Spring PAC.
Lovely and slightly chewy cookies. Ideal as a luchbox treat. Wasn't sure what shortening was until I looked it up! I have the recipe as I didn't want to make too many but I got around 16 cookies. Made as part of PAC Spring 2009. Thanks.