Prep 6 hrs
Cook 22 mins
No need to bake it in a water bath, it bakes out beautifully! This can also be baked in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan, but baking times vary slightly, just prepare as stated only bake for 20 minutes in a 300°F oven, remove and cover loosely with foil and return to oven to bake for another 20-30 minutes, if you don't have any mini chocolate chips just use the regular-size, for a less sweeter filling use only 8 tablespoons (1/2 cup sugar) prep time includes chilling time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed Oreo cookies (or use 15 sandwich cookies)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 (12 ounce) package miniature chocolate chips, divided (or use 2 cups)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 10 tablespoons sugar (1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Set oven to 300°F.
- Prepare an ungreased 9-inch springform baking pan (or you may bake in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan, see heading for baking times).
- For the crust; in a bowl mix together crushed cookie crumbs with melted butter until combined; press into the bottom of the springform pan.
- Sprinkle 1 cup mini chocolate chips over the crust.
- For the filling; in a large bowl using an electric mixer at medium speed beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until well combined and smooth.
- Add in eggs and flour, then beat until combined.
- Add/beat in evaporated milk and sour cream.
- Pour the mixture into the pan over the crust.
- Sprinkle the top with remaining 1 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Bake at 300°F for 25 minutes.
- Remove and cover loosely with foil then return to oven to bake an additional 30-40 minutes or until the edges are set but the center still moves slightly (do not over bake!).
- IMMEDIATELY place in the refrigerator and chill for a minimum of 5 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the springform pan.
I love cheesecake and this was the best! My whole family couldn't believe it was homemade! Make sure to use the mini chocolate chips, so they "float" on top of the cheesecake batter. It was amazing!!
This is seriously the BEST cheesecake I have ever made! I'm not even a cheesecake fan but this one is amazing! I brought it to a work function and it was all gone so my poor husband never got to try it! =) So I'm making one today for Easter. YUM. Thanks for the great recipe..I will be making it for years to come!
The only change I made to this recipe was adding green food coloring for St. Patty's day. For the first time, I made sure all my ingredients were room temp and cooked until the center was, literally, just set. My husband took it to work and had to fight to bring me home a single piece! Four women ate almost the whole thing and hubs claims he didn't eat any! It is luscious, creamy, and delicious. This will replace my regular cheesecake recipe.