No need to bake it in a water bath, it bakes out beautifully! This can also be baked in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan, but baking times vary slightly, just prepare as stated only bake for 20 minutes in a 300°F oven, remove and cover loosely with foil and return to oven to bake for another 20-30 minutes, if you don't have any mini chocolate chips just use the regular-size, for a less sweeter filling use only 8 tablespoons (1/2 cup sugar) prep time includes chilling time.
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed Oreo cookies (or use 15 sandwich cookies)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 (12 ounce) package miniature chocolate chips, divided (or use 2 cups)
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 10 tablespoons sugar (1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Set oven to 300°F.
- Prepare an ungreased 9-inch springform baking pan (or you may bake in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan, see heading for baking times).
- For the crust; in a bowl mix together crushed cookie crumbs with melted butter until combined; press into the bottom of the springform pan.
- Sprinkle 1 cup mini chocolate chips over the crust.
- For the filling; in a large bowl using an electric mixer at medium speed beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until well combined and smooth.
- Add in eggs and flour, then beat until combined.
- Add/beat in evaporated milk and sour cream.
- Pour the mixture into the pan over the crust.
- Sprinkle the top with remaining 1 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Bake at 300°F for 25 minutes.
- Remove and cover loosely with foil then return to oven to bake an additional 30-40 minutes or until the edges are set but the center still moves slightly (do not over bake!).
- IMMEDIATELY place in the refrigerator and chill for a minimum of 5 hours or until firm.
- Remove from the springform pan.