Recipe by jovigirl
These look so good - I haven't made them yet but sure plan on it soon! Source - Betty Crocker
Top Review by Mybrainsonfiyah!
Derishous! But I would definitely recommend filling the cups 1/3 full, adding the cream cheese filling, and then adding another third of the batter. That way, all the filling is covered and you can control how much is in the cup.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat over to 350°F Line 24 regular-size muffin cups with paper baking cups.
- In medium bowl, beat 1/2 cup sugar and the cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Beat in egg.
- Stir in chocolate chips; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat remaining ingredients on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Beat on high speed 3 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups batter.
- Fill each muffin cup 1/3 bull (1 rounded tablespoon) with batter. Spoon 1 tbsp cream cheese mixture onto batter in each cup.
- Top each with reserved batter (1/2 rounded tablespoon).
- Bake 30 - 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.