Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is an amazingly easy recipe to prepare and it's a hit at parties and gatherings. My mom has made it for a few years, and it's always the first to go... enjoy!
- 16 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups semisweet mini chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, finely chopped (optional)
- chocolate graham cracker
- Beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Mix in sugars and vanilla.
- Stir in chocolate.
- Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Shape into a ball.
- Wrap with saran wrap and chill at least 2 hours.
- Roll in chopped nuts if desired.
- Serve with graham cracker stix.
Our family loved this dip. I could just keep eating and eating..... Mini chips are a must, otherwise chop your regular sized chips. Light cream cheese worked just fine. Nilla wafers (the mini ones) were our favorite with this, but pretzels were also good if you like the sweet/salty combo. I didn't roll it, but scooped some into my dip bowl and sprinkled enough chocolate chips on top to keep the saran wrap from sticking for the car ride.
Really great dip for parties and it couldn't be easier to make. This one is definitely a keeper!