Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great treat, especially for the holidays. I get asked to make these again and again.
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese (softened)
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 (18 ounce) packages refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough (very cold for easy slicing, modern packages are smaller, so you may need 2-1/2 (or more)
- Mix cream cheese, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice until smooth.
- Cut one package of cookie dough into about 24 slices.
- Line bottom of a greased 13x9 inch pan with sliced cookie dough (there will be some gaps).
- Pour cream cheese mixture into pan to cover cookie dough.
- Cut remaining cookie dough into slices and cover mixture.
- Bake at 350 (325 for glass pan) for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool, then chill for 1 hour or more, until very cold.
- Slice into small (about 1 inch) squares.
A childhood favorite for me. This are pretty rich but are also very good.
These are so good, rich but good! I did use a glass pan and had to bake a little longer than 35 minutes to get the cookie dough to brown. Next time I will spray the pan with cooking spray to help with removing the cookies easier. A great holiday recipe!