Recipe by Marie Nixon
This recipe makes nice, little chocolate chip cookies. Found on the internet with the notation "adapted from the Dainty Chef's recipe".
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature (can go up to 4 oz)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (12 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter, both sugars, egg, cream cheese and vanilla.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients, mixing after each addition, until batter is smooth.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by teaspoon sized scoops of dough onto sheet, at least 1 inch apart.
- Bake 7-10 minutes, or until cookies are golden brown around the edges and on the bottom. These do not brown much on top.