Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
From the kitchen of: Linda G. > Shelly T.
Make and share this Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Bars recipe from Food.com.
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugars.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour, salt, and baking soda; add to the creamed mixeture and mix well.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Set aside a third of the dough for topping.
- Press remaining dough into a greased 13x9x2 baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs, vanilla; mix well.
- Spoon over crust. Drop easpoonfulls of reserved dough over filling.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Cover and store in the refrigerator.
Oh my god. These were amazing. Your directions need a little clarification, though.
Amazingly perfect bars!! I was tempted to rate this one less star since there is no listing of the "egg" in the crust ingredients, (but is written in the directions)...but what is one less than a bazillion? I added one egg to the crust mixture and used reduced-fat cream cheese in the filling. I had no time to chill the dessert before serving, so they were slightly warm. The creamy texture, the chewy crust and richness all the way through each bite is pure heaven! For the topping, I warmed the dough just a bit in the microwave and swirled it along the top of the filling for a pretty effect. Thanks so much Alley Barbie!