Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
My husband works for an airline and this is their biggest request on "potluck" days. Enjoy!
- 1 box devil's food cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 20 ounces cream cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip, mixed with the flour
- 1⁄2 pint sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- combine cake mix and oil.
- Press evenly into Springform pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
- While crust is baking, using mixer blend cream cheese and sugar.
- Add in sour cream, vanilla, and lemon juice.
- Add in eggs one at a time.
- Beat well.
- Stir in chocolate chips and flour.
- Mix well.
- When crust is ready, pour filling evenly over crust.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 5 minutes, then reduce temperature to 250 degrees and bake til set, about 1 hour.
- Combine topping ingredients.
- Pour evenly over hot cheesecake and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Top with additional chocolate chips, if desired.
- Leave in pan until completely cooled or overnight.
- Flavor best if made the day before needed.