Recipe by CASunshine
An easy, yummy, chocolaty recipe that feeds a large group or hog it all yourself! Notice it is called a "Cheese Cake" not a "cheesecake" in the traditional way.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
We really liked this cake. It's nearly impossible to find an 18 oz. box of cake mix anymore, though. It seems they're being phased out. I had to use a 16 oz. box that called for 1 cup of water. I made the rest of the recipe exactly as posted, except I ended up using only 1 cup of semisweet chocolate chips (the whole bag seemed to be too much). It turned out perfectly for us. Of course, I had to rename this Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese Cake because everyone kept expecting a cheesecake! :-) Thanks for sharing this really nice cake. Made for Spring PAC 2013.
- 510.29 g box chocolate cake mix (I like the deeper chocolates with this recipe)
- 78.07 ml vegetable oil or 78.07 ml canola oil
- 118.29 ml water
- 5 eggs (2 for cake mix, 3 for cheese mixture)
- 453.59 g cream cheese, softened
- 473.19 ml sour cream
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 340.19 g package chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix cake mix with the amounts of oil and water as package directs and use 2 eggs.
- Pour into ungreased 13x9x2-inch pan. Mix cream cheese, sour cream, 3 eggs, vanilla and sugar. Pour over cake mixture.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Bake at 350°F for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Chill completely before serving.
- I haven't tried this with a "pudding in the mix" cake mix so don't know if it would turn out.