Recipe by looneytunesfan
This is a great sweet treat that goes perfectly with Triscuits.
Top Review by cakelover321
I love this recipe, it is a hit at gatherings and people beg you for the recipe. If I could rate it higher, I would! I found that you should not substitute the butter for margarine. It's not as flavorful and becomes more of a spread than a cheese ball. I also think the graham crackers are best as a side. In addition, I use less chocolate chips (1/2 cup) and it seems to be more popular this way.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened (no substitutes)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- additional miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- Nabisco Triscuits
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy.
- Gradually add sugars; beat just until combined.
- Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Place cream cheese mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap; shape into a ball. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, roll cheese ball in additional mini chocolate chips.
- Serve with Triscuits.