Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a great sweet treat that goes perfectly with Triscuits.
Make and share this Chocolate Chip Cheese Ball recipe from Food.com.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter and vanilla until fluffy.
- Gradually add sugars; beat just until combined.
- Stir in 3/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Place cream cheese mixture on a large piece of plastic wrap; shape into a ball. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, roll cheese ball in additional mini chocolate chips.
- Serve with Triscuits.
I love this recipe, it is a hit at gatherings and people beg you for the recipe. If I could rate it higher, I would! I found that you should not substitute the butter for margarine. It's not as flavorful and becomes more of a spread than a cheese ball. I also think the graham crackers are best as a side. In addition, I use less chocolate chips (1/2 cup) and it seems to be more popular this way.
This is the second time I"ve made this. Everyone loves it. Followed everything exactly the first time...Just made it again for our Derby party today. This time I doubled the batch...but because I was feeling lazy, I just spread it in a shallow oval dish (bigger than a pie plate size) and set it in the fridge overnight. It turned out great!
My Daughter's favorite party treat!! Super yummy!! One small change, I served mine with graham cracker sticks instead of the triscuits.