Recipe by coconutcream
From a Taste of Home
Top Review by ratherbeswimmin'
I liked this more on the second day. I stored it at room temperature, wrapped in foil. It was more moist after doing that, than it was warm out of the pan. My chocolate chips were well dispersed. I like that it is different and would make again. Thanks.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, orange juice, oil, and vanilla.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Fold in carrots and chocolate chips.
- Transfer to two greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire rack.