Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
From a Taste of Home
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups carrots, grated
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs, orange juice, oil, and vanilla.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just moistened.
- Fold in carrots and chocolate chips.
- Transfer to two greased loaf pans.
- Bake at 350°F for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire rack.
I liked this more on the second day. I stored it at room temperature, wrapped in foil. It was more moist after doing that, than it was warm out of the pan. My chocolate chips were well dispersed. I like that it is different and would make again. Thanks.
Chocolate chips went to the bottom and it was alittle bit dry. My grandkids loved eating it in little pieces with their fingers.